GARTON-IN-HOLDERNESS SAINT MICHAEL
Saturday 2 - 4pm.
ABOUT THIS CHURCH
St Michael’s is built of coursed cobbles with freestone dressings and a brick porch. It has an early c13 west tower, a c13 chancel, late c14 south aisle and south chancel chapel, and a c15 porch. The c19 chancel roof rests on grotesque heads and masks from 1845 and are copies of the corbels at Patrington church. When the screen was restored in the c19 the top arcade was removed and made into the current communion rails. There is stained glass in the east and tower window by N H J Westlake, north nave by H V Milner and 1985 by Sep Waugh.